How to Make A Colorful Garden Stone
Garden is the place for many creations. There are flowers, small pool, funtain, stone, etc. You can start your creation with those things and also make a colorful garden with stone by a hand-painting stone. You can transform a rock into a plant or row marker, a message rock or simply dress up a planting bed. Painting and personalizing rocks is an easy, fun, half-day project that kids love to do and, even better, grandmas and teachers love the results.
smooth rocks and/or pavers
outdoor craft paint in assorted colors
small paintbrush and/or dabber
colorful glass discs, tiles
Prepare the Rock
1. Clean rock, removing dirt, sand and loose particles. Dry.
2. Plan and sketch out your decorating scheme or artwork.
3. Apply a base coat (optional).
Paint Lettering and Decorating
4. Paint the designs you have in mind — like names of plants — either freehand or using stencils. Paint abstract designs and other decorations. Allow to dry.
5. Add decorative touches by gluing colorful glass marbles or tiles onto the rock, following the directions on the adhesive package. If advised, work in a well-ventilated area.
6. Spray with fixative (optional).
Field in: stone painting, painting stone, how to make stone painting, stone art painting, stone painting designs